Thank you for your interest in leading an ornament exchange. It is one of OUR most favorite parts of The Jesse Tree Project! Please watch the following video to learn more about how the ornament exchange works, and discover the amazing Christmas experience it will bring.
How do I lead an ornament exchange?
Step 1: Create an email to invite others to participate in the Jesse Tree Project Christmas tradition and ornament exchange.
You will need 24 friends to make a group, including yourself.
- The ornament exchange will cost about $18 per person. This cost includes:
- 24 printed devotionals for your group from jessetreeproject.com
- 625 wooden ornaments (25 ornaments for each family)
- 24 shoe box containers for storage
- supplies to lead your group.
*This does not include the cost of materials to make the ornaments.
Step 2: Organize two meetings for your group:
- 1st Meeting: The Jesse Tree Project Kickoff Meeting
- This informational meeting will be a time to explain the Jesse Tree Christmas tradition, define parameters for making ornaments, assign each individual the ornament they will create, and answer any questions.
- 2nd meeting: The Ornament Exchange Party
- Usually takes place at least 3-4 weeks after the info meeting.
- This is a party… A time of fellowship and ornament exchange. Each person will leave with a shoe box filled with a complete set of 24 ornaments and a devotional book.
Step 3: Purchase a group packet of 24 books and leader guide for $240.
Step 4: Place orders for blank wooden ornaments and purchase shoe boxes based on leader guide instructions.
Step 5: Facilitate the two meetings with your group. Serve as a source of encouragement along the way!
This is a brief run-down of what it takes to lead a group. If you know you are ready to lead an ornament exchange, please email me at email@example.com.
You are not alone! We will help you every step of the way. We are praying for you!